To contribute strong management, development, promotional, customer service skills & gain experience while continuing to improve my profession & build relationships.
Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan
Standard CTE Certification, April 2018
Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Bachelor of Applied Arts, August 2010
Major: Integrative Public Relations
Minor: Media, Technology, Production & Design
Community Television Network, Ann Arbor, Michigan
March 2011 – Present Training & Facility Coordinator, CTN
- Provides leadership, training & manages student driven productions for CTN Ann Arbor, Skyline High School CMPP Magnet, TEDxYouth@AnnArbor, Neutral Zone, Ann Arbor YMCA & Ann Arbor Public School’s REC&ED.
- Trains volunteers & temporary employees on the proper use of CTN video production equipment & associated software.
- Technical, Production & Post-Production Youth Facilitator for TEDxYouth@AnnArbor.
- Established, creates & facilitates media production workshops for area non-profits; Ann Arbor YMCA, AAPS REC&ED, Ann Arbor District Library, Neutral Zone, Telling It, Glacier Hills Senior Center, NEW organization & more.
- Provides oversight & technical assistance to CTN client producers using CTN production facilities.
- Identifies training needs, develops learning aids & standard operating procedures for CTN.
- Presents training on the proper use of production equipment & CTN policy.
- Conduct outreach to recruit additional volunteers.
- Assures workplace safety.
- Produces & provides support for CTN Productions.
- Producer, editor & host of Experience CTN; A testimonial program showcasing CTN partners & volunteers.
- Updates & creates training manuals, workshop handouts & office material.
- Guest blogger for NEW Center of Ann Arbor.
- Video production facilitator during YMCA, Neutral Zone, ELMAC- ESL University of Michigan & AAPS REC&ED youth camps & after school programs.
Leslie Science & Nature Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan
April 2013- October 2013 Marketing Coordinator
- Assisted the Communications & Development Director with design, production, inventory & planning of print marketing materials.
- Maintained & nurtured communication with local community bloggers; lead efforts to develop sustainable relationships with those bloggers.
- Coordinated & monitored distribution of information to online events calendars.
- Collaborated with the Communications & Development Director to create documentation of LSNC’s social media, marketing procedures & strategies.
Mid Michigan Area Cable Consortium Network, Mount Pleasant, Michigan
May 2010 – March 2011 Promotional/Multimedia Support, MAC TV Network
- Produced cable programs remotely & in a studio using cameras & audio equipment to create productions for Public, Education & Government Access (PEG) channels.
- Organized & developed classes, brochures, conference booklets & handouts.
- Designed & updated websites, promotional writing material & advertisement pieces.
- Coordinated programming, video on demand, graphics design & social media.
Cash 22 Producer & Director, December 2014 – present
Central States Region Alliance for Community Media, July 2012 – present
Michigan Chapter Alliance for Community Media, December 2011 – present
Leslie Science & Nature Center, July 2011 – present
CMU Program Board, August 2006 – March 2011
Philo Festival of Media Arts Winner 2012-2017
Neutral Zone Youth Driven Spaces Certificate 2015
Executive Member of the Year Award- 2008
Office of Student Life Star Awards- 2007- 2010
- Excellent knowledge of YouTube, WordPress, Macintosh, Windows, non-profit fundamentals, PEG policies & regulations.
- Exceptional knowledge of ENG, EFP, Studio productions, set design, digital cameras, audio equipment & lighting techniques.
- Outstanding knowledge of Media Center Manager, Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher & PowerPoint; Final Cut Pro X & iMovie; SoundSlides Plus & Audacity.
- Advanced knowledge of social media marketing & graphic design.